[gmx-users] a query....

leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 19:44:05 CET 2006

Thanks for the reply.

I tried but found not straitforward in manipulating on the group level with make_ndx. It does a good job on spliting bigger group into smaller ones and select atoms (but what to do with selected atoms?). It is not clear in the online help. Or is it designed in such way?

Yang Ye

"X.Periole" <X.Periole at rug.nl> wrote: On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 06:21:55 -0800 (PST)
   wrote:
> Please allow me to ask this question not quite related
>to the subject:
>   How to combine/copy/change groups in make_ndx?

When you are buildind a index ... you get a small
explaination the different commands that you can use.
e: a = atom name; r = residue number; the "&" stands for
and; "|" stands for or ....

You can play with it and see that it is straightforward.

XAvier