[gmx-users] compiling both MPI and non MPI versions --enable-shared

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Mon Jan 30 17:35:12 CET 2006

Hi,

> and there's the rub, the nonMPI version shared libraries are going
> to overwrite the MPI shared libraries.  Is that ok?  That should be
> safe if none of the routines in those libraries actually call or use
> MPI in any way, but I have no idea if this is the case.
>
> The installation instructions on the web site or mute on this point.
>
> And the answer is...?

All the installed libraries (static as well as shared) will use the
_mpi suffix too, so they should be fine :-)

Cheers,

Erik
Erik Lindahl  <lindahl at sbc.su.se>     Backup address:
<erik.lindahl at gmail.com>
Assistant Professor, Computational Structural Biology
Stockholm Bioinformatics Center, Stockholm University, SE 106 91
Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 5537 8564     Fax: +46 8 5537 8214