[gmx-users] Re: MPI tips

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 01:53:57 CET 2006

Again, I really don't know much about MPI... But maybe you should try
running something that takes longer than a few seconds. There is always
overhead involved with starting jobs, and I expect that the amount of
overhead gets worse as you increase the number of processors (since
splitting up the job takes some work). Everything I've heard is that GROMACS
scales reasonably well, and certainly doesn't get slower as you increase the
processor number. But this doesn't necessarily hold true if you're running
extremely short jobs, I would think.

David