[gmx-users] a query....

Yang Ye leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 12:50:31 CET 2006

Xavier Periole wrote:
> Yang Ye wrote:
>
>> X.Periole wrote:

>>> I have used it at many occasions and always could do
>>> everything I wanted.
>>> two exemples:
>>> 1 & 2 : would select the atoms crossing the two groups 1 and 2.
>>> 1 | 2: would select atoms from two groups 1 and 2.
>>
>> how to create a new group with selected atoms?
>
> type the number of the existing group will define a new group
> identical the
> the one selected !!!or type:
> a x-y : would select the atoms from number x to nymber y ..
Thanks. Above works. My question is how to combine two groups together
to create new group with make_ndx. I have figured this out.

This is what I got after typing "1 & 2"

Copied index group 1 'group1'
Copied index group 2 'group2'
Merged two groups with AND: 635 637 -> 0
Group is empty

I noticed that line 3 has "-> 0" where "0" could be the default (or
"temp") group no. So I followed with "0" in the next command. It creates
a new group based on the result.

--
/Regards,/
Yang Ye