[gmx-users] Langevin dynamics

syma syma.khalid at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 14:59:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

Thanks.

Ok so some more info:

I am developing a coarse-grained model of peptides based on an elastic
network approach. Rather than run the simulations in vacuum I wanted to use
Langevin dynamics to dampen the motions.

Also, at the moment if I simulate very long, thin polymers I get big
fluctuations in my energies (have tried NVT, NPT and NVE). I have tried to
reduce the time step, but this does not solve the energy problem.

So the simulation starts off ok- the energy is fine- but after a time, the
ends of my polymer start to 'waggle' a lot and this is when the energy
begins to drift. I thought using Langevin dynamics might prevent this.

Any ideas would gratefully received,

-Syma