[gmx-users] Measuring Atom Distances

Javad Azadi jazadi at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jul 4 18:06:04 CEST 2006

Tsjerk,

This time I had the output I desired, but when comparing it to the same output from VMD, there are
discrepancies at every step.  They're about 5A off from each other.  I believe it has to do with how
they measure the distance.  In VMD, it would seem it understands the desired molecule can go so far
out of the box and still be whole; while in GMX, it takes it as two atoms of two different molecules.
How can I make sure that g_dist measures the distance for one molecule?  Does it involve using a
command during trjconv?

Thanks,
Javad
Undergraduate Researcher