[gmx-users] Is 2D projection

Nguyen Hoang Phuong phuong at theochem.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Jul 7 09:33:41 CEST 2006

> Dear gmx users,
>
> Does the 2D projection plot has something to do with convergence of the
> trajectory? If so, what kind of shape of plot shows the trajectory is
> non-converged?
>
> Normally, I use RMSD plot to see if the trajectory tends to converge. Now
> my concern is how to see whether trajectory is conserved or not based on
> 2D projection analyses.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Linda
you can, for example, have a look at the 2D projection of the trajectory
onto the first two principal components obtained from the principal
component analysis. In this paper Proteins 2005; 60:485 we used this kind
of map to check the convergence of the simulation obtained from a replica
exchange simulation with the counterpart obtained from high temperature, normal simulation.

Phuong