[gmx-users] changing simulation length with lambda for TI

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 20:18:44 CEST 2006

Soren,

They are all independent runs, so there is no fundamental reason they
need to be the same length. And in fact you're right -- you'd expect
some simulations to be much slower to converge than others.

Incidentally, are you calculating ion hydration free energies or
something? If so, you might want to see the introduction to the
Lamoureux and Roux hydration free energy paper (J Phys Chem B 2006
110:3308-3322) for some explanation of complications that can arise
concerning hydration free energies of charged species. I am so far
avoiding such things because they make me nervous.

David