[gmx-users] system is exploding!!!!!

Akansha Saxena asaxena17 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 21:24:28 CEST 2006

Hello Gmx users

I have recently upgraded to gromacs3.3. I was running
an MD simulation of a protein-ion complex immersed in
water, on gromacs3.2 before and it worked fine. Later
I rerun the same simulation on gromacs 3.3 but with
different starting velocity. I am getting this error
now:

Warning: 1-4 interaction between 1271 and 1277 at
distance 2.846 which is larger than the 1-4 table size
1.000 nm
These are ignored for the rest of the simulation
This usually means your system is exploding,
if not, you should increase table-extension in your
mdp file

I found online that many people are facing similar
kind of problem but I am not sure of the solution.
Kindly let me know.

Akansha