[gmx-users] REMD

merc mertens merc.mertens at gmx.net
Tue Jul 11 15:55:14 CEST 2006

hm, i want to produce one continuous trajectory from several trajectories, that are output from a REMD run. i could not find much information about this matter, but from what i read i gathered that one needs to reorder all the trajectories into a new one using the demux option in trjcat. as far as i understand it, the remd.xvg should contain the information on the replica exchanges to reconstruct their walk through the different trajectories (i.e. the temperature space). but then i might be totally wrong. i have to admit, that somehow i got a bit lost between the concept of a continuous trajectory from REMD simulations and the walk through temperature space of the single replicas. further, i simply do not understand the format of remd.xvg that is shown by trjcat -h. thanks for any help.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------