[gmx-users] counterions?

Samuel C Flores samuel.flores at yale.edu
Sun Jul 16 21:39:43 CEST 2006

Hmm..

Well counting the charged residues leads to scores of ions, which I think
would be a tight squeeze in my water box, given that each ion should have a
hydration shell around it.

I like the idea of neutralizing, then adding ions to reach a certain ionic
strength.  However how to know exactly what ionic strength I need?  I am
modeling murA, but haven't found an ionic strength in the literature.  Also,
wouldn't the ionic strength near the protein be different from that
elsewhere in the solution?

Sam

  _____