[gmx-users] Protein rotation in triclinic waterbox

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 21:15:24 CEST 2006

Hi Anthony,

You can download gromacs v3.1.4 or v3.2.1 with roto-translational
constraints from http://md.chem.rug.nl/~tsjerk/GMX/
Unfortunately I haven't had time to get this in the official distribution yet.
In the patched versions, roto-translational constraints are turned on
if a line is added to the .mdp file stating

rototr = yes

In addition, a reference structure is needed, named ref_conf.gro,
which should correspond to the selection of the protein to be used for
the removal of rotations. Unfortunately, at present it is required
that this part of the protein is listed first in the .gro/.tpr file.
This should be fixed at some point, but hey, it wasn't mny patch in
the first place. The group responsible for the constraints is that of
Andrea Amadei in Rome.

If any help is required in setting up a simulation (it's really not
that difficult), I'd be most happy to help a bit. Contact me off list
in that case.

Hope it helps a bit,

Tsjerk