[gmx-users] segmentation fault, very high KE but no high velocity

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:51:43 CEST 2006

Dear Berk,

Thank you for your reply. The velocities are from trr file. Could you
please tell me what those values are (for t-dt/2 or t+dt/2 or t)? If
they are not for time step t, could you change the source code to output
the value for t to keep consistency with KE? By the way, I had set
nstfout  = 1, but I can't find the information for force in trr file.

segmentation fault usually means that one array is out of bound. I set
cutoff as 1.4, the table extension as 2.0. My table covers the
interaction arrange of 5.0. I thought it should large enough. Just now I
extend my table to 10, I still get segmentation fault at the same time
step. Therefore I guess there is another reason to cause segmentation
fault. Could you please give me some suggestions? With your experiences,
could you please give me some general ideas what are possible causes for
segmentation fault?

All the best!

Dongsheng