[gmx-users] Problems Installing Gromacs 3.3.1 on AIX 5.2

Arthur Roberts aroberts99163 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 08:49:36 CEST 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

I have checked the archives, but I have not found a
good solution for the following problem:

When I try to compile Gromacs 3.3.1, I get complaints
from the compiler that I have undefined symbols.  The
symbols are present in the libraries, so I don't know
why ld can not seem to find them.  I checked the
libraries with the following command.

nm library.a | grep undefined_symbol

Perhaps, there is a flag that I need to see on the LD
command or something.  There is a detailed description
of the problem at:

http://cetus.mchem.washington.edu/pub/supercomputer/Gromacs-compiling-problems.html

I appreciate input that any you could give.  Perhaps,
you know someone that has installed Gromacs on a
computer system that runs AIX 5.2.

Appreciate your help...

Best wishes,
Art Roberts