[gmx-users] does gromos force field can explain pi-pi interaction

Diane Fournier diane.fournier at crchul.ulaval.ca
Thu Jul 27 18:26:32 CEST 2006

Yes,

this looks like the force field application of the Hunter point-charge model (J. Am. Chem. Soc.;   1990; 112(14); 5525-5534). This force field could theoretically be used to model pi-stacking in proteins, as a more computationally economical procedure compared to QMMM. Unfortunately, I dont think it has been ported to Gromacs yet ...

Diane