[gmx-users] R.M.S.I.P for identical eigenvectors not equal to 1 ?

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 11:32:04 CEST 2006

Hi Raja,

Did you use the same eigenvectors from the same simulation over the
same stretch of time? For two (parts of a) simulation(s) of the same
system, the RMSIP value will only converge to one in the limit of
infinite time, or on long time scales at least. The eigenvectors
obtained from two different (parts of) simulations can vary if
different parts of the conformational space are sampled or simply if
the sampling is different, which will be almost always for a limited
stretch of time.

Best regards,

Tsjerk