[gmx-users] R.M.S.I.P for identical eigenvectors not equal to 1 ?

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:05:23 CEST 2006

Hi Raja,

I really don't get it. From the definition it follows directly that if
you have the same sets of eigenvectors, the RMSIP will be 1. Each
eigenvector from a set gives an inproduct of 1 with itself and of 0
with any of the others, yielding a total of 10 for the double sum...
etc. If you use the same set twice, you probably have a bug in your
script.

Besides, from the definition it also follows that the RMSIP can not
exceed 1. I think 3.5% error is quite a bit.

Tsjerk