[gmx-users] gromacs parallel doesn't work

Beniamino Sciacca superbenji83 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 09:55:45 CEST 2006

Hi gmx-user!
I've a great problem:
two months ago I installed LAM on my centrino duo, debian -kernel 2.6.
Later I compiled gromacs enabling mpi, and everything was working well
until four days ago.
Now the simulation time is increased like if there is only one processor
(it takes twice time than before).
I don't understand why.
I disinstalled and then reinstalled LAM and gromacs (LAM 7.1.2 (I
compiled it on my own) + gromacs 3.3.1).
Nothing has changed.
I disinstalled linux and then reinstalled (debian kernel 2.6), and again
LAM and gromacs: I've the same problem, like if one of the two cores
doesn't work.
I tried also to install gromacs NON mpi-enabled, and I've the same
simulation time (respect to the enabled-mpi gromacs).
In all these cases LAM seems to work (when I type lamboot LAM starts
without problem).

What's happened?
How can I understand if it's a software problem or an hardware one?
thank you very much in advance for the reply!

Bye
Beniamino