[gmx-users] AFM Pulling Rate

kobi kobi17 at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 15:38:13 CEST 2006

Hello Bob,

have you tried to define the initial position of the AFM-tip? It needs
to be set to the position of the COM of the group you want to pull. try
and add
    "afm_init1 = x y z"
(x y z = position where the afm should be) to your pull.ppa.
Otherwise your afmspring is extended from the beginning so much, that
this extension dominates the force on the pulling group and the
pullingrate is nearly irrelevant until the system relaxed.

ciao Jan