[gmx-users] grompp error:Invalid order for directive defaults

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Mon Jun 12 17:14:44 CEST 2006

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry to tell you that I get
the same error mesasge after I try your suggestion. Any other
suggestion?

I think the question is if we can put two sets of force field parameters
in two itp files which will be included in one topology file.  From the
source code  (topio.c line 381 - 390):

	  if (DS_Check_Order (DS,newd)) {
	    DS_Push (&DS,newd);
	    d = newd;
	  }
	  else {
	    /* we should print here which directives should have
	       been present, and which actually are */
	    gmx_fatal(FARGS,"Invalid order for directive %s, file \"%s\", line
%d",dirstr,curfile,curline);
	    /* d = d_invalid; */
	  }

It seems gromacs does check if a same directive has been present. Is it
correct?

Best Wishes!

Dongsheng