[gmx-users] Gromacs-mpi with Rocks v4.0

Arneh Babakhani ababakha at mccammon.ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 15 00:55:48 CEST 2006

Hi Francisco, was wondering if you ever resolved this issue?  I too am
trying to install gromacs mpi on our cluster, but have had no luck.  I
get the following error in the configure step:

[ababakha at chemcca40 gromacs-3.3.1]$ ./configure --enable-mpi
--prefix=/home/ababakha/gromacs-3.3.1
checking for gawk... gawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for cc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
checking for mpxlc... no
checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking whether the MPI cc command works... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mpicc -E
checking whether mpicc accepts -O3... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -malign-double... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -funroll-all-loops... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-finline-functions -Wall -Wno-unused -malign-double
-funroll-all-loops... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int), 77
See `config.log' for more details.