[gmx-users] FEP softcore problematics

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Jun 21 14:55:34 CEST 2006

Hi David

Thank you for the detailed answer.
It sounds reasonable. :)
For sure it's the best way to make the calculations separatly and sum up
the energies at the end. You mentioned, that, in the case of splitting,
the "density" of snapshot samplings at lambda=0,1 can be lower.
So I guess, one reaches approx. 30-35 samplings, when splitting the
terms. In the first place, this is no big deal, because of the
possibility of parallelization, but for screening purposes in the
future, the amount of simulation time in total is quite critical for me.

I tried to find that paper, but unfortunately didn't.
It would be great, if you could give me some more info about it, cause I
would like to have a look into it, at least.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310