[gmx-users] Re: How to ignore atoms during simulations??

Pradip Kumar Biswas p.biswas at csuohio.edu
Wed Jun 21 16:18:29 CEST 2006

I was wondering whether one can have atom types with zero charge, zero
vdw (C6=0, C12=0; Or sigma=0; epsilon=0), but with mass. Won't they be
invisible in the energy/force calculations (if they are not connected
by any bonded interaction)?

pb.

On Jun 21, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Cesar Araujo wrote:

> Cesar Araujo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could anybody tell me how to modify an ITP file to ignore certain
>> atoms (as
> if
>> they were not there) during simulations? I've changed charge and
>> masses to
> 0.0
>> but I've got a lot of warnings during grompp preprocessing telling me
>> that
>> those atoms has zero mass and the program stops after certain numbers
>> of
>> warnings.
>
>>> Well you've still got bonded and LJ interactions acting to create
>>> forces
>>> on particles with zero mass so it is no great surprise that things
>>> are
>>> breaking. Probably what you want to do is go back to square one and