[gmx-users] Can a Serial MD simulation be continued in, Parallel?

Sridhar Acharya sridharfirst at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 12:20:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

But will that not do a new simulation  rather than an exact continuation of the previous simulation?

sridhar

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:48:45 +1000
From: Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Can a Serial MD simulation be continued in
	Parallel?
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

Sridhar Acharya wrote:

>> Dear GMX-users
>>
>> I want to know whether a MD simulation that was run as a serial job
>> could be continued in parallel using tpbconv?
>> If so, how to give the number of processors for the command?

There's no reason you couldn't use grompp with the .trr and .edr files
as inputs to generate a .tpr for a different number of processors. There
must be a numerical perturbation to your model physics in doing so -
you're adding up lists of numbers in different orders - but the effect
should be negligible within the MM approximation. Mark