[gmx-users] cg and contraints error

Sampo Karkola Sampo.Karkola at helsinki.fi
Mon Mar 6 11:48:37 CET 2006

Hi!

I was trying to do energy minimisation using cg after a succesful
minimisation with steepest descent. I get fatal error from grompp
complaining about constraints

***************************
creating statusfile for 1 node...

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.4#
checking input for internal consistency...
calling /lib/cpp...
processing topology...
Generated 182 of the 1128 non-bonded parameter combinations
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours for Protein 1
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours for SOL 11316
Excluding 1 bonded neighbours for NA+ 40
Excluding 1 bonded neighbours for CL- 41
processing coordinates...
double-checking input for internal consistency...
ERROR: can not do Conjugate Gradients with constraints (33948)
Fatal error: There was 1 error
constraints are hardcoded to topology followed by a question if there
any dummies in the topology. What does this hardcoding mean? I do not
have any dummies in the topology.

Thanks,

Sampo

--