[gmx-users] genbox overlap checking

Daniela S. Mueller D.S.Mueller at rug.nl
Fri Mar 10 08:49:54 CET 2006

hi roman,

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 17:14 +0100, Roman Holomb wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have problem with using genbox
> When I try to add more than 20 BF4 molecules in the box (3.2 3.2 3.2) by
>
> genbox -ci BF4_1.gro -nmol 20 -box 3.2 -o BF4_20.gro

probably you need to indicate a bigger van der waals distance by -vdwd
for your insert.

as an alternative, why don't you stack your molecule with genconf? then
each molecule has as much space as in the unit box.

regards,
daniela

--

Daniela S. Mueller

biologist (Diplom, German degree)

- Molecular Dynamics Group, UQ -

Address:
School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences (SMMS)
Chemistry Building (#68)
University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane
Australia