[gmx-users] Re: LINCS Warning using mdrun

Steffen Wolf swolf at bph.rub.de
Tue Mar 14 16:12:08 CET 2006

> Hi
>
> I used the initial minimization run using grompp and mdrun using
> steepest descent for 400 steps and 0.002 ps as the step size. The
> constraints are all-atom.
>
> The following is the output from the log file that was generated after
> the md.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
Was the system already completely munimized, i.e. has it reached
convergence? 400 steps seems a bit small to me. I usually had problems
with the constraints when the system had some kind of "point of frition"
where a bad contact was still existing. Did you check which where the
atoms mentioned by the lincs warning or if there were bad angles or
contacts in the starting structure?
--
Dipl.-Chem. Steffen Wolf
Department of Biophysics