[gmx-users] Restraining bilayer/water system

fsaadedi at staffmail.ed.ac.uk fsaadedi at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 11:53:16 CET 2006

Dear Xavier,

I have put the posre.itp file in the order that you mentioned and I
have a file which has postional restraints on one water molecule.
(See previous email below)  So it is not an ordering problem.

If anyone has any suggestions why grompp isn't restraining just the
lipid molecules in my bilayer/water system I would greatly appreciate
it.

The posre itp file represents one lipid molecule and the p2.itp file
represents all water molecules.
I have a p1.itp file that represents one water molecule but this also
brought up the :

cpp exit code: 256
cpp: too many input files
[tripos]dopc/minidopc$ Tried to execute: '/lib/cpp -I
-I/usr/local/share/gromacs/top
-DPOSRES dopc.top > grompptByAm1'

message.
TOP FILE:

#include "/home/tripos/lipid/ffgmx2_lipid.itp"
#include "/home/tripos/lipid/DOPCHT.itp"
#include "/usr/local/share/gromacs/top/spc.itp"

[ system ]
; name
DOPC in water

#ifdef POSRES
#include "/home/tripos/lipid/dopc/minidopc/posre.itp" in water
;#include "/home/tripos/lipid/dopc/minidopc/p2.itp" in water
#endif

[ molecules ]
; name number

DOPC    18