[gmx-users] Restraining bilayer/water system

Farid Sa'adedin fsaadedi at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 12:22:04 CET 2006

Dear Xavier,

My posre.itp file represents one lipid molecule.  My p1.itp represents
1 water molecule.

I made new itp files using genpr defining one lipid molecule and water
molecule called POSRE_L.itp and POSRE_W.itp as you suggested them to be
called.

The strange thing is that I can restrain the lipids when there is no
water in my system.  But when I add water to the system, grompp doesn't
seem to restrain the lipids anymore.  It brings up this message:

>> cpp exit code: 256
>> cpp: too many input files
>> [tripos]dopc/minidopc$ Tried to execute: '/lib/cpp -I
>> -I/usr/local/share/gromacs/top
>> -DPOSRES dopc.top > grompptByAm1'

TOP FILE:

[ system ]
; name
DOPC in water

#ifdef POSRES
#include "/home/tripos/lipid/dopc/minidopc/POSRE_L.itp" in water
;#include "/home/tripos/lipid/dopc/minidopc/POSRE_W.itp" in water
#endif

[ molecules ]
; name number

DOPC    18

SOL              1463

As you can see from my top file everything is in order. I define the
lipid and water seperately in the top file.  But how can I define them
seperately in my mdp file?

Yours,

Farid

--