[gmx-users] mdrun -rerun with gmx3.2 and gmx3.3

X.Periole X.Periole at rug.nl
Tue Mar 21 08:36:19 CET 2006

Dear Mark,

I basically rerun a simulation, both in xtc and trr
format,
using slightly different tpr file, varying the gro file
used to construct it, and different gmx version, 3.2 and
3.3. From those rerun I extracted and compared the bonded
and non-bonded energies.

The most stricking is that I do not see differences
between
the two tpr files, only small differences between the two
gmx versions, and more significant changes when reruning
on trr and xtc files.

Those results fit with the already identified bug in
gmx3.2
with rerun fixed for gmx3.3. The only problem is the lack
of
differences between the two gmx versions, and the fact
that
xtc and trr file give such differences from the "correct"
energies extracted from the original energy file.

Best
XAvier