[gmx-users] pdb2gmx illegal instruction

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Tue Mar 21 23:58:52 CET 2006

Dear Erik,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have fixed the problem with
David's helps. Now I am struggling with parallel running with gromacs.

I use
grompp -np 8 -sort -shuffle -f pr -o pr -c after_em -p AceAla5ac to get
pr.tpr

When I submitted a job to the computing center by using the attached
script file, I got the following error message:

Fatal error:
run input file pr.tpr was made for 8 nodes,
             while mdrun_mpi expected it to be for 1 nodes.

my script file is:

#PBS -S /bin/ksh -q sp_short
. /etc/profile
module load gromacs
cd  $PBS_O_WORKDIR
### CPU number
#PBS -l nodes=8:ppn=1
###Job name
#PBS -N test
mdrun_mpi -np 8 mdrun -np 8 -s pr -o pr -c after_pr -e pr -g pr  -v -N 8

Could you please tell me what's wrong? Thanks!

Dongsheng