[gmx-users] Ligand moves out of box during EM steps

raja raja_28 at fastmail.us
Thu Mar 23 06:32:02 CET 2006

Thanks for all your suggestions, But according to David mobley, I tried
but no effect, the ligand still
found at the corner with its atoms are in distorted condition.
I use these commands :

>pdb2gmx -f protein.pdb -o protein.gro -p protein.top -ignh
Where protein with its ligand cut off.

later I pasted the separate gro file for ligand as produced from PRODRG
server into the  protien.gro output from earlier command.

>editconf -f protein.conf -o protein.solv -d 0.9

>genbox -cp protein.conf -cs -o protien.solv -p protein

Now if I visulazie the output protein.solv.gro, the ligand is separated
and located at corner.

Though  Alberto Malvezzi  suggested to use SPDBV is good idea, but I
want to accomplish this thing using
GROMACS commands as suggested by David mobley,since it helps me to learn
in depth what exactly gromacs editconf and genbox doing with protein.

And more the  reson why I do cut and paste the ligand in between pdb2gmx
commands is the lack of RTP entry for my ligand is not updated in
ffoplsa.rtp file. Simulatenusly I also work on building the proper RTP
entry for the ligand of my interst. Right now I managed to produced ITP
file for the ligand by PRODRG. Help is sorted from any of you as a
script which make RTP format for ligand from its ITP file.

With thanks !
B.Nataraj

  raja
  raja_28 at fastmail.us