[gmx-users] Counterions in DNA simulation

Yu Kay Law ylaw at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Fri Mar 24 05:18:20 CET 2006

Dear all,
In learning how to perform MD simulations, I have recently been
attempting to repeat the work of Martinez et al, JACS 2001, 123, 12279,
using the ffamber ports, and have found that my sodium counterions have
essentially resolvated into free solvent, out of the range of the
solute.  This phenomenon has recurred upon re-randomisation of the
velocities at 300K.  I would be grateful if someone could shed light
into how this occurs for long periods of time, and/or be able to explain
to me how I can constrain the counterion to stay in the vicinity of the
phosphate groups of the DNA backbone.
thanks,
Yu Kay
--
Yu Kay Law
Graduate Student, Biophysics Program
Email: ylaw at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Phone: +1 (614) 292-2695	Fax: +1 (614) 292-1685
Office: Newman and Wolfrom Laboratory, Room 0106
Homepage: http://www.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/~ylaw/