[gmx-users] hi

Lars Schaefer Lars.Schaefer at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Sat Mar 25 11:38:49 CET 2006

hi santosh,
which force field to use usually dependes on your system. E.g., for DNA,
the AMBER force field is often used. For proteins, you might want to use
GROMOS96 or OPLS, which are quite popular these days. However, this does
not necessarily mean that the other force fields, such as GROMACS
(ffgmx) are worse for your particular system.
In principle, some force fields are all-atom (e.g., OPLS-AA) and some
have united atoms for aliphatic CHn groups, e.g. ffgmx.
Lars