[gmx-users] opteron 2xdual core for MD

Jayant James Jayasundar jayant_jacques at rediffmail.com
Tue Mar 28 02:00:25 CEST 2006

hello friends,
Based on the benchmarking of gromacs on various processors I am planning to buy a opteron 2xdual core system to perform MD simulation. I am giving the configuration below please give your comments on the operating system that is best suited. Whether to use Fedora core4 or Enterprise Linux.

CPU - 2 AMD Opteron model 285 Dual-Core 2.6Ghz x2

Memory - 4gb Memory DDR-400 ECC Registered (4x1024mb, 2 for each  processor) x4

Hard Drive(s) - Seagate 300 Gb SATA (NCQ)

Video - XFX 7800GT 256mb Dual DVI

Operating System - ?

Thanking you
Jayant James

Jayasundar Jayant James
Postdoctoral research fellow,
Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology and Physiology(VCAPP), Washington state university, Pullman 99164-6520, USA.
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp