[gmx-users] Non-zero system charge

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 21:05:47 CEST 2006

Itamar,

But if the charge weren't neutralized, the electrostatic energy would
be infinite, since an infinite lattice of charged unit cells has
infinite charge and hence infinite interaction energy. (So the trivial
check, of course, is to see whether the energy is infinite if you run
with a charged system. The answer is no).

David