[gmx-users] problem with ffamber94bon.itp

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Tue May 2 09:44:03 CEST 2006

Berk, you're right. That's the way it goes...

I think, Eric Sorin mentioned that on his page, though.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310
Fax   : ++49 551 201 2302
Email : mgoette[at]mpi-bpc.mpg.de
         mgoette2[at]gwdg.de
WWW   : http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/groups/grubmueller/

Erik Lindahl wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I'm not sure if it works, but if you are using gcc you could try
> setting this in your mdp file:
>
> cpp = "cpp -traditional-cpp"
>
> Or, -no-traditional-cpp - I never remember which flag is which...
>

> Cheers,
>
> Erik
>
> On Apr 28, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Tomas Kubar wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> the file ffamber94bon.itp defines the parameters as macros. some of
>> the macro names contain an asterisk character (*), e.g.
>> #define proper_X_CT_N*_X   0.00000     0.00000     0.00000
>> 0.00000    0.00000     0.00000
>> this makes the preprocessor issue a warning (no whitespace after
>> macro name) because a macro name is not allowed to contain this
>> character. it looks like this might lead to wrong macro expansion  in
>> case this dihedral is contained in the molecule's topology.  right
>> now, I don't have an idea how to fix this...
>>
>> tom
>>
>> Adriana Pietropaolo wrote:
>>
>>> Dear gmx users,
>>> I have some problems to use amber force field.
>>> When I try to use grompp with a topology created with ffamber* (I
>>> download each files from the gromacs home page) there are these  errors:
>>> missing terminating ' character
>>> ffamber94bon.itp:384:116: missing terminating ' character
>>> ffamber94bon.itp:385:116: missing terminating ' character
>>> ffamber94bon.itp:391:116: missing terminating ' character