[gmx-users] Error in Conjugate Gradient Minimization

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed May 3 00:03:30 CEST 2006

Arneh Babakhani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> *When trying to do CG minimization, I keep getting the following error:*
>
> Converted 0 out of 0 CUBICBONDS to morse bonds for mol 8
> processing coordinates...
> double-checking input for internal consistency...
> ERROR: can not do Conjugate Gradients with constraints (12309)
> There were 3 warnings
> Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.1
> Source code file: grompp.c, line: 1109
>
> Fatal error:
> There were 1 error(s) processing your input
>
> *Does anyone know what's going on here?

Yes, like it says, you're trying to do CG with constraints. :-) If you
search the mailing list archives you will see some discussion of some
water model that breaks CG because of constraints that are not
eliminated by "constraints = none" in the .mdp file. I can't comment on
whether your morse bonds are a problem.