[gmx-users] segmentation fault in mdrun when using PME

Arneh Babakhani ababakha at mccammon.ucsd.edu
Wed May 3 05:21:29 CEST 2006

Hello, I'm experiencing the exact same problem, when trying to do some
restrained molecular dynamics of a small peptide in a water box. Have
you had any luck in trouble-shooting this? (I've pasted my mdp file
below, for your reference).  Also running Gromacs 3.3.1

Arneh

title = ResMD
warnings = 10
cpp = /usr/bin/cpp ; location of cpp on SGI
define = -DPOSRES
constraints = all-bonds
integrator = md
dt = 0.002 ; ps !
nsteps = 25000 ; total 50.0 ps.
nstcomm = 1
nstxout = 500 ; output coordinates every 1.0 ps
nstvout = 1000 ; output velocities every 2.0 ps
nstfout = 0
nstlog = 10
nstenergy = 10
nstlist = 10
ns_type = grid
rlist = 0.9
coulombtype = PME
rcoulomb = 0.9
rvdw = 1.0
fourierspacing = 0.12
fourier_nx = 0
fourier_ny = 0
fourier_nz = 0
pme_order = 6
ewald_rtol = 1e-5
optimize_fft = yes
; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in four groups
Tcoupl = berendsen
tau_t = 0.1 0.1
tc_grps = protein sol
ref_t = 300 300