[gmx-users] Center of mass distance

YOLANDA SMALL yas102 at psu.edu
Fri May 5 16:51:19 CEST 2006

Thanks for the suggestion Xavier.  However, I already tried g_mindist and the
problem is that it does not use the center of mass of the reference group to
calculate the distance to the atoms of the solvent group.  Instead, it computes
all possible distances between pairs of atoms between the groups at a given
time and gives the minimum distance from any of the atoms in the reference
group it finds.

Perhaps if there is a way to input coordinates to represent a dummy atom then
use g_mindist to calculate the distance and number of contacts between the
dummy atom and each solvent atom within the cutoff range that would give me the
estimate that I am looking for.

Thanks,
Yolanda