RE : [gmx-users] Fatal error: moleculetype SOL is redefined.

Diane Fournier diane.fournier at crchul.ulaval.ca
Wed May 10 17:38:24 CEST 2006

I had the same problem once, and it turned out that I had mistakenly put information about my ligand molecule in the "moleculetype" section of my enzyme topology file. That info is also given in the .itp files that are included into your peptide topology file (at the end of the file for ions and solvent), so grompp sees two definitions for the same molecule type. The number and type of solvent molecules must be included in the "molecule" section of the topology (completely at the end of the the .top file).

What is strange, though, is that genbox usually puts that information automatically in the .top file that it generates. My advice is to check your topology file.

Diane