[gmx-users] Value for bonded force constant (Kb)

raja raja_28 at fastmail.us
Thu May 11 11:12:32 CEST 2006

Hi Gmxions,

The value Kb = 1673.6 KJ/mol nm2 working good for restraining distance
(type6, Harmonic potential) between Fe(II) and corresponding ligating
atoms N and O (of amino acids) at the end of 5000 steps of energy
minimization. That is newly introduced Kb value is able to restraint at
around 2-3 A (Which is the average value found from crystal structure)
when comparing to more than 5A in the absence of Kb value.

I am going to start MD with a hope that this success will also be there
at the end of 2ns simulation
 Is there any second thought?

With thanks!
B.Nataraj