[gmx-users] (no subject)

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri May 12 11:46:51 CEST 2006

prasad reddy wrote:

>   Hello gromacs users,
>             My computer could not handle a file having size more than
> 2GB. But my XTC file is of 5GB.Hence i want to make this file in to
> small files having size less than 2GB and use them with analysing tools
> like g_rmsf.Kindly let me know whether it is possible to submit multiple
> input files(XTC) to the analysing tools of gromacs.Your help is deeply
> appreciated.

In general, no you can't submit multiple trajectory files and have them
concatenated magically. Some utilities like trjcat will accept them, but
only to write the concatenation, not to analyze it. Your options include
hacking the source code of the utilities you want to use, getting a new
file system, reducing the frequency of the data in the existing files
using trjconv, not writing data so frequently during the simulation or
using different analysis tools.