[gmx-users] New website

Yang Ye leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 04:15:32 CEST 2006

Erik Lindahl wrote:

> On May 12, 2006, at 12:52 PM, Yang Ye wrote:
>
>> Erik Lindahl wrote:
>>> Hi Chris,

>>> We'll try to fix that. In the mean time, you can access the list
>>> directly at
>>>
>>> http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/
>>>
>> Some months, I have written to Eric to add our mailing list to
>> Gmane.org.
>> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gromacs.user
>>
>> It has a good web interface while many other access methods are
>> provided.
>>
>> It is currently a closed mailing list but shall be used to post for
>> members (but I failed to do so just now).
>>
>> Eric, would you like to check this out? Perhaps, you are already
>> trying something.
>

> Not sure what you want me to check, but I haven't changed any list
> configurations lately.
>
> As for posting-requires-subscription, that's unfortunately necessary
> to avoid spam making it to the list.
I have specified the list to be closed, which means it only accepts
member's posting.
Eric, could you help (as you are the administrator for gmx-user) to
check why even a subscriber's mail address cannot be used to do posting
although Gmane states that you can on the posting page. Did gmx's
mailman got the message and rejected or gmane didn't function well?

Gmane's editor has some restrictions but it is nice to have a web
interface for the list.

Regards,
Yang Ye