[gmx-users] Turning off the electrostatic interactions with PME

Maxim Fedorov maxim.fedorov at ucd.ie
Wed May 17 21:44:06 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Does anybody know how to turn off electrostatic interactions (PME)
between two NONBONDED groups keeping the short-range van-der-waals
terms unchanged.

So, the question is: I have two groups (two different molecules) and I
would like
to switch off the ONLY electrostatic interactions betweent them during
MD run.
To avoid any overlapping between these groups I would like to keep the
short range nonbonded interactions between them.

And I don't want to change the nonbonded interactions of these groups
with other groups (water molecules, f.e.).

If I would use the cut-off it wouldn't be a problem (I'd cut the e-
interactions on the VDW distance) . But I am using the PME, and it is
not so clear for me how to do this 'selective' switching in that case.

Thank you in advance,

Maxim.

Maxim V. Fedorov,

Research Associate.