[gmx-users] microcanonical

karamyog singh karamyog.singh at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:59:08 CEST 2006

I exactly did that. I initially thought that since I have placed the atoms
randomly so it is probable that atoms experience large forces and since I am
not allowing any temperature scaling etc. , I am getting large KE. Therefore
I first minimized my configuration. I got a frozen structure by doing
pressure and temp. scaling. Then I removed everything. After that what
happens is, the whole crystal starts breaking up. First one atom gains
velocity and moves then another atom and then another. After tht the whole
system just breaks.

Any idea why? Is it because the no. of steps for my initial md run is small
. Shall I stabilize my configuration for a longer time?

The cut off that I have taken is the value of 'r' at which the minima for LJ
exists. Is it ok or shall I increase this too?
-
karamyog