[gmx-users] microcanonical

karamyog singh karamyog.singh at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:40:35 CEST 2006

I placed the atoms randomly means i used random atomic positions, not
velocities. The velocities were 0 initially and then I generated velocities
at 0.01 K.(1st MD run to get a stable configuration) After that I subjected
this structure that I got to NVE.(2nd MD run) Now over here I will try with
no velocity generation. Thank you for pointing out this mistake. I should
have realised this. One more thing, is generating velocities in the MD run
correct?

I will try what you are saying. I was doing it till the r-min beacuse at
that point the forces become 0.Minimum potential should imply 0 force. So if
the forces are zero and I increase my simulation time for 1st MD run, I get
a stabler structure i.e. the forces between atoms should be nearly equal to
zero. However my forces wil never be zero. Wil I ever get a frozen structure
for NVE?

-
karamyog.