[gmx-users] install woe: Cannot find fftw3f library (Cygwin Bash)

Ralf B. Lukner rlukner at austin.rr.com
Thu May 25 04:03:02 CEST 2006

During the ./configure of gromacs on my Cygwin Bash Shell, I get the
following error:

configure: error: Cannot find fftw3f library

I have installed fftw3, but evidently not to the satisfaction of
gromacs.  I put the fftw3.h in usr/local/include, and that enabled me to
make it past the fftw3.h.  I put the libfftw3*.dll's in user/local/lib,
but maybe that's not where they go.  The fftw site acts like there is
nothing special to installing fftw (just download and unzip).

Any help would be appreciated.
--Ralf