[gmx-users] Simulating crystalls

karamyog singh karamyog.singh at gmail.com
Mon May 29 10:31:29 CEST 2006

However if the gen_velocity breaks up my system and at the end of my
simulation, I do not get a bcc structure at lets say 273 K, which I am not
getting, then how can I consider my simulation to be correct? The structure
should remain the same. Or could it be that since my structure is a nano
layer film, therefore it is unstable and explodes and I should not compare
my results with a bulk material?

Moreover, to avoid the error in the LJ, I have changed my system to copper
and have used the potential parameters given in gromacs. Temperature of
simulation is 273 and I have used the option no for Pressure coupling
because i want my system to be at 1 bar.
-
karamyog.