[gmx-users] Lipid Order Parameters - Calculating & Plotting

Arneh Babakhani ababakha at mccammon.ucsd.edu
Tue May 30 07:04:05 CEST 2006

Hi Pedro, thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm attempting to do what you suggested.

1).  I create an index file, called sn2.ndx, which contains 14 groups,
one group for each carbon type in the chain (labeled C2A, C2B, . . . C2N).

2)  I then try to execute the following command:
g_order -f FullMD10.trr -n sn2.ndx -s FullMD10.tpr -o order.xvg -od
deuter.xvg -os sliced.xvg
(in accordance with your suggestion, and what's posted in the g_order
manual).

I'm then asked to pick a group (from 0 to 13, corresponding to the 14
carbon types that are in the index file).  So I assume then I have to
calculate the Scd of each carbon, one at a time? That's fine, I can
easily script that.

But when I pick a carbon, the following occurs:

Select a group: 0
Selected 0: 'C2A'
trn version: GMX_trn_file (single precision)
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Back Off! I just backed up sg-ang.xvg to ./#sg-ang.xvg.1#

Back Off! I just backed up sk-dist.xvg to ./#sk-dist.xvg.1#
Last frame       1000 time 1000.000

gcq#195: "I Am a Poor Lonesome Cowboy" (Lucky Luke)

So the end result is a file called sg-ang.xvg and sk-dist.xvg.   Why
didn't I get any of my output files (order.xvg, deuter.xvg, and
sliced.xvg) ???

Thanks again,

Arneh